Which Australian Visa is Right For You?

Your first step for a trip to Australia is getting the appropriate visa. The most popular visa is the 3-month tourist visa. It allows you to travel around Australia for a maximum of 3 months. Getting a visa is relatively straight forward.

You just have to go online and submit your application. Your visa is usually received within 48 hours. The current cost is around $ 110 AUD and everyone can apply for this visa unless you have a criminal conviction. You can visit this link to get more information on an Australian visa.

If three months is not long enough then you can apply for a visa for 6 months or 12 months. Another option is to apply for a visa extension to three months after when you will be in Australia. Remember, if you are rejected, they will insist you leave the country within three months.

Australian Visas: What should one expect in 2018?

Image Source: Google

If you are under 30 then the Work and Holiday Visa is an excellent choice. The visa is valid for 12 months and allows you to work and travel throughout Australia. There are some restrictions so you need to check that your country takes part in the scheme. You are also only allowed to work for your employer for a maximum of 3 months at a time.

You can apply online and your applications are usually processed in less than 2 days. When you arrive in Australia, you will be prompted to go to the desk to have your visa added to your passport.

Generally, it is really difficult to get into Australia if you are over 30 and want to work in Australia. At this point, I would recommend getting some advice from the Australian Immigration Lawyers. This is because there are lots of visas available and the rules are changed regularly.