Below mentioned are the benefits of using expanded polystyrene styrofoam:
• Lower Cost – EPS is significantly cheaper than many other insulation materials. For example, a 1" EPS container can cost as little as a third of the price of a 1" PUR container of the same size. You can hop over to this website nicsonsbp.com.au/eps-recycling for opting the eps recycling system.
• Lighter – EPS can be lighter than many other options. For example, a 1-inch EPS container measuring 12 inches x 12 inches x 14 inches and having a density of 1.5 pounds per square inch weighs about 3.5 pounds. Comparable PUR containers can weigh up to 9 pounds.
• Mass Production – EPS containers can be mass produced using multi-cavity moulds. This tool can produce a single container (referred to as a "one-top" tool) or up to eight containers (referred to as an "eight-top" tool). This ability to produce containers in bulk helps keep EPS container costs down. However, it is important not to confuse EPS containers with commodities.
• Recyclable – EPS containers are often considered environmentally friendly because they are recyclable. Used EPS containers can be ground into expanded and reshaped EPS beads. Be sure to test for differences in thermal properties between new and recycled EPS containers before accepting a recycled container from your manufacturer.
• External Corrugated – Printed EPS containers are often sent to an external corrugated RSC to protect them from potential damage to the distribution system. If the EPS housing is not damaged, it can be reused simply by replacing the outer axle.